From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-07-21 21:14:54

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 at 23:07, Olzhas Zhumabek
<anonymous.from.applecity_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Mateusz mentioned that I could use kernel_1d types,

I'd say, I've asked question for my own better understanding.
For complete picture, I'll copy my questions from [1]

I'm interested to understand what's the motivation of using gray32f_view_t as
a kernel type instead of Numeric's types: kernel_1d and kernel_1d _fixed.
If the proposed generators use the kernel_1d* types, then produced kernels
are directly usable with the Numeric's convolve functions.

AFAIK, Stefan is going to move Numeric extension features to the core
what will make the kernel types available.

[1] https://github.com/boostorg/gil/pull/342#pullrequestreview-264528946

> but since they don't
> share common root in project tree, I guess I should perform migration from
> image_view to kernel_1d in a separate PR when numeric extensions become
> part of core. What do you think?

I wouldn't say you should and you probably have higher priorities for now.
I just noticed that
- we have types for kernels
- we have functions that take the existing types of kernels
- it would be useful if any new kernel-specific features integrate
  with the existing ones.

> By the way, currently Gaussian kernel generation tests tolerate 5%
> inaccuracy wrt to expected values from wikipedia page. I didn't try lower,
> should I attempt to find the smallest value?

>From my point, if it not a high priority for your own project,
I would open an issue to investigate that in future (an issue
will help to not to forget about it), and postpone it for now.

Best regards.

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners