From: Pranam Lashkari (plashkari628_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-23 19:01:46

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 11:35 PM Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Miral, Olzhas, if you'd like to add anything to your work for this release,
> please follow the dates included in the post by Marshal Clow.
>
> As far as I know, Miral would not be active for the next two weeks as she
is travelling. As far as her (or my part in it) project is concerned I have
a few comments to make.

   1. There is one option in threshold_optimal_value "triangle" for
threshold_optimal
   which is still not implemented [1]. Which I promised to do and that's
   why Miral did not implement this as part of her GSoC project. Such
   an incomplete option can put users in confusion.
   2. I was also planning to work on new convolve_2d functions to make the
   APIs and implementation similar to convolve_1d this would change the
   existing API[2]. This change will also allow users to use all types of
   boundary options. So according to me, it is better to release the
   function/API when it is completely done instead of changing after
   one release.

Earlier I thought these idea/project are not going to be part of these
release as they were labelled "1.72+" and as a result, I was working really
relaxed not keeping any deadlines in mind.

There is one more thing pending from my side which is discussed in #391
[3]. I am not sure of commits related to it are going to be merged in
master for this release or not. So not putting this on high priority.

[1]:
https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/8f1bd53fec5a169ba7df4e8b7eac73604e61671a/include/boost/gil/image_processing/threshold.hpp#L80
[2]: https://github.com/boostorg/gil/issues/381
[3]: https://github.com/boostorg/gil/issues/391