From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-23 20:32:55

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 at 16:10, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 at 13:41, Stefan Seefeld <stefan_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On 2019-11-22 7:28 p.m., Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> > >
> > > I think we can cherry-pick these seven commits from develop into master
> > > as post-beta merges:
> >
> > I'm not convinced the removal of gil/version.hpp would cause a problem.
> > I suppose the policy of not adding "breaking changes" is meant to
> > protect downstream (dependent) boost components from breaking so close
> > to the release. In case of Boost.GIL, I don't believe there are any such
> > components in Boost, so I think we'd be safe. (We may scan the whole
> > Boost superproject for such an include statement, just to be sure.)
>
> Okey, I've issued request for permission (or clarification) and
> let's see what is the response.
>
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/11/247422.php
>
> > I'd prefer a merge as it's much simpler, of course. But if we can't,
> > well, cherry-pick we will. :-)
>
> Yes, I'd prefer a true merge too.
> It would make it easier to keep the history in sync .

Merging of boost/gil/version.hpp received no objections [1],
so I have just merged merge of all the recent updates [2]:

git checkout master
git merge --no-ff --log develop
git push origin master

I also submitted release notes update [3]

[1] https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/11/247433.php
[2] https://github.com/boostorg/gil/commit/74a7b527993c1512a32f90436fa78d853243b2b3
[3] https://github.com/boostorg/website/pull/460

Best regards,