From: Debabrata Mandal (mandaldebabrata123_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-17 15:01:37

> Any particular reason why you suggest to implement the histogram features
> as an extension and not in the core library?

I was thinking if we wanted to add support for other container types in the
future, for example, a multi-dimensional matrix class, Boost.Histogram etc.
it would be better to extend the current implementation. And interfaces to
external libraries be best provided in the extension.
Mainly, it is since most of the core files revolve around imp GIL
constructs and histogram seems like an extension.
Does this seem reasonable?
Thanks.
Debabrata.

Boost list run by Boost-Gil-Owners