Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-interest] interested in making presentations about Boost in Chicago?
From: Olinga K. Abbott (olingaa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-05 16:06:26

The Chicago C/C++ Users group seeks presenters for our inaugural meeting on Sept. 22 2009 as well as subsequent meetings on the fourth Thursday of every month. Our membership has reported an interest in presentations on Boost. If you have good knowledge of Boost and will be in the Chicago area during a meeting we would love to have you teach us more about Boost.

Besides Boost, some other topics for presentations could include

* ACE
* C++0x
* Multicore programming
* Network programming (sockets/TCP/IP)
* Platform-specific topics such as MFC and the Linux API
* Introductory topics such as the difference between a pointer and a reference

More information on the Chicago C/C++ Users Group is available at
  http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-C-CPP-Users-Group/

As a new user group we have no funding so we are unable to provide travel fare or accommodation. Ideally, if you live outside of Chicagoland you could deliver a presentation while on other business in the area.

There is little reason to force other subscribers to sift through follow up discussion so please respond off-list to olingaa_at_yahoo.com.

Boost-interest list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk