Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-interest] [ANN] ODB C++ ORM 1.7.0 released, adds support for Oracle
From: Boris Kolpackov (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-07 05:35:42

Hi,

I am pleased to announce the release of ODB 1.7.0.

ODB is an open-source object-relational mapping (ORM) system for C++. It
allows you to persist C++ objects to a relational database without having
to deal with tables, columns, or SQL and without manually writing any of
the mapping code.

Major new features in this release:

  * Support for the Oracle database, including updates to the Boost
    and Qt profiles.

  * Support for optimistic concurrency using object versioning.

  * Support for SQL statement execution tracing.

  * Support for read-only/const data members.

  * Support for persistent classes without object ids.

A more detailed discussion of these features can be found in the
following blog post:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog/2011/12/07/odb-1-7-0-released/

For the complete list of new features in this version see the official
release announcement:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/odb-announcements/2011/000011.html

ODB is written in portable C++ and you should be able to use it with any
modern C++ compiler. In particular, we have tested this release on GNU/Linux
(x86/x86-64), Windows (x86/x86-64), Mac OS X, and Solaris (x86/x86-64/SPARC)
with GNU g++ 4.2.x-4.6.x, MS Visual C++ 2008 and 2010, and Sun Studio 12.

The currently supported database systems are MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL,
and Oracle. ODB also provides profiles for Boost and Qt, which allow you
to seamlessly use value types, containers, and smart pointers from these
libraries in your persistent classes.

More information, documentation, source code, and pre-compiled binaries are
available from:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/

Enjoy,
        Boris