Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: [Boost-maint] PR for Boost Lib Maintenance initiative
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-26 14:25:07

Hi,

I'm happy that this initiative is finally launched and gaining momentum:
over the years (been a contributor to Boost for one decade) I've been
approached every so often by people willing to be part of Boost and
most (or all) of them finally gave up when they realized the sheer amount
of work it takes to prepare, propose and get a lib accepted. So, having
a more collaborative area within the project lowers the entry barrier for
those helping hands without so much time at their disposal.

I have the feeling that the level of public awareness around Boost
Lib Maintenance is extremely low, and the common perception that entering
Boost is a sort of private club thing still prevails. Any ideas on how
to publicize this initative out there?

Best,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org