Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: [Boost-maint] [function] tickets to close
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-04 12:08:14

AMDG

I'd like to close the following tickets as wontfix:
#3970 parameterize SBO size on boost::function
#4646 adding an unchecked_invoke method to function objects
#4270 function wrapper with no exception safety guarantee
#4803 use a static "empty" target

Rationale: 3970, 4270. These add a fairly
significant complication to the interface for
only minor (if any) gains. 4646 is just one
function, but I still don't think it's worth it.
4803 is a pure performance optimization. I ran
the benchmark provided with msvc-12.0, and
it didn't show any noticeable improvement,
which is exactly what I would have expected.

Any objections?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org