Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: Re: [Boost-maint] Fwd: [boost] Fwd: [typeof] unqualified enable_if in msvc-8.0 code is confused with Boost.Test boost::unit_test::decorator::enable_if
From: Menelaos Karavelas (menelaos.karavelas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-03 06:47:07

Dear members of the CMT,

I am one of the members of the developing team of the Boost.Geometry
library (the newest member).

Since April this year I have submitted a pull request (see below) for
the Boost.Typeof library. The PR is related to errors appearing in the
Boost.Geometry regression matrix when using the boost test framework
(included, not compiled version) with the Boost.Typeof library on MSVC-8.0.

The PR is still there. It is not my role to make any comment regarding
the status of the Typeof library, and this is not what I am doing. I am
kindly asking the CMT to take action and help resolve this issue so that
our regression matrix can get a bit more green. In any case this is to
the benefit of both libraries (Geometry and Typeof) and Boost as a
whole, especially given the fact that we are close to the next Boost
release.

My best regards,

- m.

P.S.
1. The PR is with respect to the Typeof develop branch. From what I saw
today it has not yet been merged with Typeof master. Please let me know
if I need to create another pull request based on Typeof's master branch
instead.

2. All our reported unresolved errors in develop are related to this PR.
I just thought you might wanted to know that.

On 22/05/2014 11:50 πμ, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> Forwarding request to boost-maint list.
>
> The pull request:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/typeof/pull/1
>
> looks quite trivial to me.
>
> Boost.TypeOf is not community maintained. With the recent proposal
> Beman made, CMT has the right to react even if the library still has a
> formal maintainer. Does CMT have right to apply this patch? Is there a
> procedure for this?

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org