Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: Re: [Boost-maint] Executable files in the boost tree
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-24 12:20:33

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I found about 1000 files marked as executable that shouldn’t be, and they
> were in the following libraries:
>
> predef
>
> Some files (such as shell scripts, python sources, etc) *should* be marked
> executable, but others (.hpp files, jam files, HTML, png, etc) should not.

For Predef I marked a Jam file as exec intentionally. I was trying to
implement the shell exec behavior with bjam. Hence..

Also, I will be enhancing the “inspect” tool to report on these this week.

Like other inspect checks, please include an override for the check.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org