Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: Re: [Boost-maint] Status of Boost.CMT libraries
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-01 06:29:33

On 12/01/16 13:27, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

>>> but it implements ISO time zone semantics.
>>> Maybe we should create a new function and deprecate to_posix_string? The
>>> new function could take an argument to select the desired behavior.
>>>
>> That could work.
>> I just don't want to break the existing users.
>> (I suspect there are many)
>
> Two functions sounds the only sensible resolution to me if ISO and Posix differ.
>
> It costs us very little.
>
> to_ISO_string?

And make it behave like POSIX says, for completeness? :) Remember,
to_posix_string already behaves like ISO.

I was having something like to_string(enum flavor) in mind. Then mark
to_posix_string with __declspec/__attribute__((deprecated)) and make it
forward to to_string(flavor::iso).

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org