Boost logo

Boost-Maint :

Subject: [Boost-maint] CMT and CI PRs
From: James E. King, III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-05-19 01:33:47

Hi folks,

I've submitted a number of PRs against various CMT repositories to add CI
support. I'm still ironing out the kinks in some of them - I found out why
cygwin builds were failing and getting them working in the pool, function,
and property_map PRs (the last will show up soon). I'll update the
concept_check and dymamic_bitset ones too.

In order to get the most out of these, AppVeyor will need to be enabled on
all of these repositories. I know everyone is busy, and although I do have
3 repos I'm primarily responsible for (one with a big backlog (date_time)),
I'd like to lend a hand in CMT to move things along faster. I have a
passion for clean builds and code coverage, and well quality in general
that I'm hoping to be able to impart across the repositories. I will be
asking folks to be enabling AppVeyor on repositories as we merge in these
CI improvements. I'm modeling my work around the uuid/format/date_time
repositories.

Interesting note that many of these scripts are common among the
repositories, including the "appveyor.yml" and ".travis.yml" files. I
wonder if we can somehow make these yaml files import generic versions and
then override specific stanzas for special cases... for example if we had a
repository that contained this CI package (see the PRs) then we could pull
it in with every build in CI. I'm going to email travis support to see
what they think of allowing for a "common" .travis.yml to come from a
separate repository as part of the build process. It would be good for
multi-repository projects like boost.

I'd also asked on the main mailing list if dynamic_set could be merged into
algorithm as it is only used by graph and graph_parallel but I didn't hear
back. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim

Boost-Maint list run by bdawes at acm dot org