Boost logo

Boost-MPI :

Subject: Re: [Boost-mpi] No arg init
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-29 12:55:49

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012, Matthias Troyer wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2012, at 5:23 PM, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Another issue with MPI versions is that Boost.MPI currently uses
>> functions such as MPI_Address that have been removed in MPI 3.0. Is
>> that something that should be addressed in the future? I think the
>> replacements for some of them did not exist before MPI 2.0.
>
> A valid point - we will have to provide two implementations depending on
> which version of MPI is present. Is there any standardized macro that
> one an check to determine the MPI version at compile time?

There are MPI_VERSION and MPI_SUBVERSION, but those are in 2.0 and above
only as well. You can probably use their being undefined to mean that the
implementation does not comply to 2.0. I don't know how many 1.1-only MPI
implementations are around anymore, though; there may not be any still in
use (MPI 2.0 was released in 1997).

-- Jeremiah Willcock

Boost-Commit list run by troyer at boostpro.com