Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-19 14:39:03

Robert Ramey wrote:

> Markus,
>
> Thanks for testing on your 64 bit systems.

You're welcome. ;-)

> The serialization library is passing 100% with gcc on your platform.

Yes, I have noted this, it's great. But I have to admit I'm not 100%
happy that you didn't choose the approach proposed by John on the 64 bit
overloads. And there are some warning issued by GCC when compiling the
library, but this has been noted on the boost mailing list already.

> The other compiler ( compac / alpa tru64 ?) is failing compile one code
> module. This is src/xml_grammar.cpp line 28
> This code is a work around from Rogue Wave libray issue. I discovered and
> "fixed" an issue while porting to BCB version 5.5.1 . I had hoped that this
> "fix" would also apply to previous versions of the RogueWave library .
> Would it be possible for you to take a look at that. It would be my hope
> that with some sort of adjustment here, the libraries would build and tests
> would run. I don't know if this is the only issue but its currently
> stopping the show. I don't know enough about the rogue wave library usd and
> have no access it here. Maybe you've had occasion to address simlar
> situations with other boost libraries and you might have some special
> insight that reveals the "magic fix".

Just today I comment out this workaround locally to see if I could do
anything about it. The library compiles ok if the workaround is removed
but I had unresolved symbols when linking, so I didn't pursue the issue
any further. If you are interested, I will try to get a small isolated
test case from the serialization library up and running.

Maybe we can make the library work for this platform with joint efforts.

Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com