Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-04 08:26:40

Robert Ramey writes:
> OK - great - but where can I find out how to do this on my own machine? If
> I follow the links from the 1.32 web page
>
> ../more/regression.html
>
> I get info on the "old" system.

Right, this is on our todo list.

> Could you point me to the "new" information?

Sure. In fact, the "new way" to do local testing is not much
different. Basically, you do everything you do now up to invoking the
"compiler_status" status executable, but instead of the latter you
hand the job of producing the reports over to the
"tools/regression/xsl_reports/report.py" script. The only mandatory
parameter the script requires you to provide, 'locate-root', specifies
the location of the test results' root directory to collect XML logs
from. So, to get things working, you might start with something as
simple as:

    python boost_root/tools/regression/xsl_reports/report.py
         --locate-root=boost_root/bin

The resulting reports will be placed in the same directory
("boost_root/bin").

If this works for you, we can continue with more options to choose
from.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering