Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-08 10:41:37

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> Stephen W. Carson writes:
>>Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>>>To elaborate a little more: the main issue here is the difference
>>>in command line options for 'mwcc' tool on OS X and Windows. The
>>>toolset file ($BOOST_ROOT/tools/build/v1/cw-tools.jam) needs to be
>>>modified to somehow accomodate for the differences.
>>
>> This is all new to me, so you're going to have to walk me
>>through anything you want me to figure out about the build tools.

No problem.. Since I wrote the cw-tools.jam.. And use it daily I can
tell you where things need to change.

>> For starters, any thoughts on how to go about figuring out what
>>the mwcc command line options should be under OS X

Most of them are going to be the same as CodeWarrior does a wonderful
job of sticking to consistent options across platforms. So as Aleksey
suggests try it out and see what breaks :-)

But the options that are different are those for platform specific
features. For example "-export dllexport", which is a Win32 only
feature. If you look in the cw-tools.jam you'll see a bunch of places
where code is conditioned on "if $(NT) ...", those are all the places
where I was sure the options are only Win32. There are four types of
settings that are covered by that condition:

        1. The "-export dllexport".
        2. Selecting the "UseDLLPrefix.h" for pre 9 versions.
        3. Selecting the runtime libraries to link for pre 8 versions.
        4. Path setup, through cwenv.bat.

I think the only one you have to worry about immediately is (4). If you
are lucky CW will automatically know all this information :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com