Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-09 16:31:31

Stephen Carson wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>>No problem.. Since I wrote the cw-tools.jam.. And use it daily I can
>>tell you where things need to change.
>
> Great! Alright, I did what Aleksey recommended and made my own
> copy of cw-tools.jam. Here is what I got initially, (sorry if I've pasted too
> much here, I'll be more concise as I figure more out about this stuff):
[cut]
> Error : Unknown option 'arn'; expected one of '1, 2, or 3'
> while parsing option '-w'
[cut]

Interesting.. The warning control options are different :-\

First thing to try is doing a replace of "-warn" with "-w" to see if
that helps. Other than that trying to match the Windows options would be
best. Here's what those are, from "mwcc --help"..

> C/C++ Warning Options
> -w[arn[ings]] keyword[,...] # global; for this tool;
> # warning options
> off # passed to all tools;
> # turn off all warnings
> on # passed to all tools;
> # turn on most warnings
> [no]cmdline # passed to all tools;
> # command-line driver/parser warnings
> [no]err[or] | [no]iserr[or] # passed to all tools;
> # treat warnings as errors
> all # turn on all warnings, require prototypes
> [no]pragmas | [no]illpragmas # illegal #pragmas
> [no]empty[decl] # empty declarations
> [no]possible | [no]unwanted # possible unwanted effects
> [no]unusedarg # unused arguments
> [no]unusedvar # unused variables
> [no]unused # same as -w [no]unusedarg,[no]unusedvar
> [no]extracomma | [no]comma # extra commas
> [no]pedantic | [no]extended # pedantic error checking
> [no]hidevirtual | [no]hidden[virtual] # hidden virtual functions
> [no]implicit[conv] # implicit arithmetic conversions
> [no]notinlined # 'inline' functions not inlined
> [no]largeargs # passing large arguments to unprototyped functions
> [no]structclass # inconsistent use of 'class' and 'struct'
> [no]padding # padding added between struct members
> [no]notused # result of non-void-returning function not used
> [no]unusedexpr # use of expressions as statements without side effects
> [no]ptrintconv # conversions from pointers to integers, and vice versa
> display|dump # display list of active warnings

HTH.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com