Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Stephen W. Carson (StephenC_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-17 11:12:56

The current item keeping so much yellow on cw-9_3-darwin has to do with
CMD files, which are evidently not supported on the Mac, (I don't even
know what they are).

For example:
*http://tinyurl.com/3saz2
*----------------------------
mwld -library -maxerrors 5 -warnings on -maxwarnings 20 -nowraplines
-search -o
"/Users/stephencarson/Development/boost/results/bin/boost/libs/regex/build/libboost_regex.a/cw-9_3-darwin/debug/libboost_regex-cw93-d-1_32.a"
@"/Users/stephencarson/Development/boost/results/bin/boost/libs/regex/build/libboost_regex.a/cw-9_3-darwin/debug/libboost_regex-cw93-d-1_32.CMD"

   Error : Specified file '@/Users/stephencarson/Development/boost/results/bin/boost/libs/regex/build/libboost_regex.a/cw-9_3-darwin/debug/libboost_regex-cw93-d-1_32.CMD' not found
Errors caused tool to abort.
----------------------------

Rene says the fix for this is checked in. I just ran again yesterday and the CMD problems haven't gone away.
I do not have a cw-tools.jam in my root directory (the one with regression.py in it) so as far as I understand everything I should be picking up the one that is in the tarball.
I do have a cw-9_3-darwin-tools.jam just to wrap:

----------------------------
#~ Copyright 2004 Rene Rivera.
#~ Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
#~ (See accompanying file LICENSE_1_0.txt or http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)

# The following #// line will be used by the regression test table generation
# program as the column heading for HTML tables. Must not include version number.
#//<a href="http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/Develop/Desktop/default.htm">Metrowerks<br>CodeWarrior</a>

{
    local CW_VERSION = 9.0 ;
    extends-toolset cw ;
}

I guess this is what I would do if I understood JAM and the source control system that y'all use:
-Verify that Rene's change indeed prevents references to CMD files on the Mac platform.
-Verify that Rene's change is ending up in the tarball.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what else I can check in my own setup. I'm open to suggestions.

--
Stephen W. Carson, Software Engineer
DirXion Software in St. Louis, MO

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com