Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-08 23:03:48

Misha Bergal wrote:
> del results\*.log
> del results\*.xml /s >garbage
> rem del results\*.obj /s >garbage
> rem del results\*.exe /s >garbage
>
>>From this I see that you do not completely clean up the results
> directory (for sure *.exe files and *.test files are not being
> deleted). This means that actually you are doing an incremental run.

I can see what Victor is trying to do.. It's an attempt to do a clean
run by deleting the byproducts of the testing. But without deleting the
build byproducts so that things don't get rebuilt. And hence save on the
compile time.

Unfortunately, even if you did delete all the byproducts, this would
delete the *.xml results for "compile" type tests. And those results
would get regenerated unless something in the sources changes. Which
would cause the white cells.

If this is a wanted way of running tests it would require some changes
of the Boost.Build testing to provide a "testclean" target. The target
would do the job of deleting the minimal set of files to have a mostly
clean re-run.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com