Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 11:22:02

Caleb Epstein wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:16:53 -0600, Rene Rivera
> <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>For along time now one of my objectives has been to use BuildBot
>>(http://buildbot.sf.net/) to improve the management of running the
>>regression tests. For those who don't feel like reading about that
>>software here's a quick summary:
>
> BuildBot sounds like a better overall paradigm for initiating tests,
> but according to the README:
>
> * slaves can be behind a firewall if they can still do checkout
>
> This would make it impossible for me to use. I run the regression
> tests on a firewalled Solaris machine (with Sun C++ 5.3 and g++ 3.4.3)
> that has only HTTP GET/PUT and FTP access through a proxy server.
> Losing the Sun C++ tests is probably no big deal since 99% fail, but
> the g++ results are more valuable.

 From the SF docs...

  How can I access CVS services from behind a firewall? » | doc
feedback | support

     Access to the project CVS servers is provided via SSH (for
developers) and the CVS pserver protocols (for non-developers). SSH uses
TCP port 22; CVS pserver uses TCP port 2401. Many firewalls block
outbound traffic on these ports, thus preventing SourceForge.net
developers and users from accessing the project CVS servers. To work
around this limitation, we now offer the ability to connect to the
project CVS servers using alternate ports (using different hostnames).

     To access the project CVS server using SSH from behind a firewall,
you may connect to port 443 or port 80 of cvs-ssh.sourceforge.net.
Traffic to port 443 and to port 80 of cvs-ssh.sourceforge.net is
redirected to cvs.sourceforge.net. The SSH host fingerprint for
cvs-ssh.sourceforge.net will match that of cvs.sourceforge.net.

     To access the project CVS server using anonymous pserver-based
access from behind a firewall, you may connect to port 443 or port 80 of
cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net. Traffic to port 443 and to port 80 of
cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net is redirected to cvs.sourceforge.net.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com