Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 21:58:33

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:00:45 -0500, Caleb Epstein wrote

(http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/cvs-head/developer/summary.html
> > shows "Page not Found!") sometime after I sent my email. Perhaps they
> > are being regenerated as I write this.
>
> OK, the results are back again. The tinyurl links I sent originally
> should work again.

And now that I'm back from making a living...

>My copy of testtz_database.cpp is dated March 6 and appears to be
>up-to-date w/r/t version 1.4 of that file in CVS.

The results on the website were generated with the old version. We can tell
because the output text in the new version doesn't match the output in the
test results. Basically, you should be seeing "Caught Bad field count
exception" fail before the program aborts if you were testing with 1.4. So,
your code may be up to date and it wasn't recompiled or the results weren't
processed -- don't know.

As for the failures on other platforms less than half appear to be due to the
file path problem -- as usual, they have unique issues :-( And you'll note
that gcc is mostly passing on Linux now -- in fact, the only remaining error
on Linux testlocal_time_facet which is failing b/c it can't find the timezone
database file -- we haven't fixed it b/c we were waiting to see if the fixes
for filepath in timezone db worked...

Anyway, I'd appreciate if you could triple check the environment to make sure
the next test results have the latest version.

Thx for the help,

Jeff

ps: should I just mark SunPro as "hopeless"? It looks like some of the basic
issues have to with the compiler not handling boost::operators. It would take
alot of work to extract that code...

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com