Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-30 15:01:58

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:14:36 -0600, Misha Bergal <mbergal_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Martin Wille wrote:
> > Misha Bergal wrote:
> >
> > I get a control connection. However, data connection is impossible
> > right now. I suspect a misconfigured firewall.
>
> You were right. I've been told that "passive mode" was not enabled on
> firewall but is enabled now.

Since sometime not long after this change, I've been unable to upload
my results to fx.meta-comm.com. The regression.py script is just
hanging in the step of uploading results to the FTP server.

I can reproduce this hang with a simple script (attached). The
process just hangs at the last step. A fix for the issue is to call
Python's socket.setdefaultimeout and give it some some reasonable
value, say 30 seconds. This way a failed socket operation will
eventually throw an exception instead of just hanging forever. This
won't address my issue of not being able to upload results, but at
least I won't have <n> instances of regression.py hanging around and I
can upload my results by hand (lftp seems to be robust enough to retry
these operations several times until the succeed).

At any rate, can someone at meta-comm take a look at the firewall
configuration and see if there may be something *else* misconfigured
on their end? You can contact me and I can work with you to test the
problem.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com