Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-31 06:48:33

[please send follow ups to boost-testing]

Michael Stevens wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago I moved the uBLAS tests into 'libs/numeric/ublas/test'
> for consistency with the rest of Boost.
> Since then the regression test results are filled with a lot of confussing
> results. I assume this results from the combing of stale result and the new
> configuration.

Yes, likely.

> I assume (and hope) that the next time testers do a 'clean build' things will
> clear up. This is a lot of work for many testers and there test machines
> however.

A clean rebuild isn't needed. It's sufficient to delete the stale
results. They're located in a single directory (bin/libs/numeric/ublas).
A "rm -rf *.test" in that directory is sufficient on Unix systems.

> Any ideas how to better make such changes in the future to avoid
> such confussion?

By announcing that kind of changes on the boost-testing list, for now.

I think it would help if there was a way to specify removed tests in the
jamfile. The associated action would be to delete the directories
containing the test results if they still exist for old tests. After
some time (e.g. a couple of weeks), the entries for outdated tests could
be removed; alternatively, this step could also be made part of the
release preparations. It's not an ideal solution but I think it would be
rather easy to implement for those who know Boost.Build better than me.

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com