Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-03 22:10:45

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> Rene Rivera writes:
>
>>Martin Slater wrote:
>>
>>>What scope are you looking for in this, just window or cross platform?
>>>I've not developed under *nix for a while but I assume this is mainly a
>>>windows problem.
>>
>>It's a Windows only problem.
>
> Strictly speaking, it's not. Compilers and tests can still hang forever,
> which happens with gcc and Serialization library on OS X. IOW, the set of
> problems might vary from platform to platform, but _some_ build monitoring
> tool is needed regardless of the OS you are running on.

Hmm.. good point! I was only thinking of the GUI intrusive problems.
Forgot about the non-GUI problems like infinite loops in the compiler,
and unbounded slow memory use.

So for those types of problems having a monitor that puts bounds on
memory and time would be awesome.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com