Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Paul Baxter (pauljbaxter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-18 17:00:27

> Martin Wille wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> as Stephen (and others) reported 5 days ago, some of the mutex tests take
>> unacceptably long to run. (I'm watching an apparently deadlocked
>> read_write_mutex test "run" for several minutes right now; I don't know
>> when it started)
>>
>> Several operating systems are affected (at least Darwin, Solaris, Linux).
>
> It's actually *a lot* worse than I first thought:
>
> I manually ran test_read_write_mutex (using the intel-8.1 version of it)
> and found out it takes 50 (yes, fifty!) minutes.

Yep, I was about to report this too. I think it gets built/tested in a
couple of variants... very slow for a full test cycle

I've also got a couple of dialog boxes come up even with --monitored on, but
I understand thats a current 'feature'. Means it all waits for me to come
hit enter so the tests are not easily run overnight.

I'm in the middle of a full test now so hopefully this one will finish
before next week....

BTW bjam doesn't bootstrap build with intel-81 for windows either (but the
base msvc toolset builds it fine)
Error messages available later if required

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com