Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-19 14:51:16

On 4/19/05, Caleb Epstein <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 4/19/05, Michael Glassford <glassfordm_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I have some new tests that I'm working on that should be much faster.
> > The reason the old tests are so slow is that they use Sleep *a lot*. I
> > think I've come up with decent tests that hardly sleep at all;
> > hopefully I'll be able to check them in some time today.
>
> Thatd' be great. On Solaris this test sometimes doesn't finish in ~24
> hours. But sometimes it does. Not sure what is going on there, but a
> revamp of the tests would be fantastic.

I know I've asked htis before, and I'm *this* close to figuring out
how to do it, but I need to modify status/explicit-failures-markup.xml
to reflect the fact that the thread_*_lib tests are expected failures
on gcc + Solaris. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to use for the
toolset name. Would that be gcc-*-sunos? gcc-*-solaris?

Basically these tests fail because "gcc -static" refuses to link with
ANY shared libraries (unlike SunPRO) and the system does not provide
static versions of -lthread and -lrt.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com