Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 03:31:10

Jeff Garland wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:12:01 -0500, Stephen W. Carson wrote
>
>>Stephen W. Carson wrote:
>>

>>>THREAD
>>>This library is failing to build:
>>>---------------------------------------------------
>>
>>... snip ...
>>

>>>I took a look at xtime.cpp. It looks like this error is being hit
>>>because NONE of the following are defined:
>>>BOOST_HAS_FTIME
>>>BOOST_HAS_GETTIMEOFDAY
>>>BOOST_HAS_CLOCK_GETTIME
>>>BOOST_HAS_MPTASKS
>>
>> Any thoughts on the threads build problem I'm getting? Should I
>>post this on the dev list?
>
> I'm not an apple expert, but looks like you should have gettimeofday. Maybe
> the config macros are set wrong (I didn't check)?

The default config for CodeWarrior is to compile with the Metrowerks
Standard Library (MSL). So the BSD functions are not always available as
only what MSL defines is accessible. It happens that the particular
combination we are testing, Carbon/Mach-O/MSL, has partial access to the
BSD substrate (AFAICT). So gettimeofday is available.. MPTASKS is
rightfully not defined because pthreads are available instead.

...The number of combinations possible with CW just makes one dizzy.
With this patch Boost.Threads builds and passes all tests:

RCS file: /cvsroot/boost/boost/boost/config/platform/macos.hpp,v
retrieving revision 1.15
diff -r1.15 macos.hpp
56c56
< # if TARGET_CARBON

---
 > #  if ( defined(TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON) && TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON ) ||
( defined(TARGET_CARBON) && TARGET_CARBON )
59a60,63
 > #  elif ( __dest_os == __mac_os_x )
 > // We are doing a Carbon/Mach-O/MSL build which has pthreads, but
only the
 > // gettimeofday and no posix.
 > #  define BOOST_HAS_GETTIMEOFDAY
Hopefully many of the currently failing test will pass :-)
--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com