Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 07:25:08

"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Well, I found out why the tests are failing (kinda) ... this is run
> manually with outputting timestamps before and after in a batch file.
> The difference is 10min 48seconds
> I don't think the build_monitor waits that long.

Not sure why the timestamps show that much difference. The apparent bug this
test is detecting is network related, so it is barely possible network
issues are causing a long pause, but that seems very unlikely.

> C:\Projects\boost\libs/filesystem/test/operations_test.cpp(125): test
> !fs::exists( fs::path( "//share-not/foo", fs::native ) ) failed in
> function: 'int __cdecl test_main(int,char *

This could be a real Boost.Filesystem bug. That is assuming there is no
\\share-not\foo on your network!

The bug could be that the call to GetFileAttributesA() at line 352 of
src/operations_posix_windows.cpp is failing as expected, but the error being
returned is something unexpected.

This sort of bug doesn't happen with POSIX, because it documents the
possible errors returned by each function. Windows doesn't document exact
errors, so they have to be determined experimentally. A serious pain. What
version of Windows are you running? Is there anything odd about your network
support? Is file and printer sharing enabled? Are you running a firewall
that could be causing some unexpected error return on attempts to access the
network?

Could you please do this:

* Uncomment line 84 of operations_posix_windows.cpp so it reads #include
<iostream>
* After line 355 in operations_posix_windows.cpp, which reads UINT err =
::GetLastError();, add a line:

   std::cout << "error " << err << '\n';

* Compile and run operations_test, and let me know the error code being
returned just before the (125) error message above displays.

Thanks,

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com