Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-08 15:40:19

On Sun, 8 May 2005 13:29:45 -0700, Robert Ramey wrote
> The situation re this platform is characterised by the following facts.
>
> a) The serialization libraries fail to build on the VC 8.0 platform.
> b) With my local copy of VC 8.0 on my local machine all libraries
> build and all tests results are the same as with VC 7.1 c) up until
> a short time a go there was anohter VC 8.0 platform on the test
> matrix which showed all tests passing.
>
> I checked the library build failure and traced into spirit. Spirit tests
> also fail. I'm quite confident that addressing the spirit failures
> will fix the serialization library build failure for VC 8.0
>
> What, if anything, should be done about this? There are a couple of options
>
> a) Presume that its a quirk with VC 8.0 and just wait for it to go
> away in the next beta b) Persume its an error in Spirit and fix
> spirit so it passes the spirit tests. c) Presume its an error in the
> serialization library.
>
> I'm not in a position to do b). So if that's the right thing I
> would hope someone would address it.
>
> I could do c) but would want to wait until b) isdone.
>
> So, for now, I'm doing a)

I'm exactly the same boat with date-time and I'm also doing 'a'.

Only nagging thing is that I thought Victor was upgrading to the latest beta
awhile back -- makes me wonder if there is something else in his environment
that is creating the failures / differences from other VC8 environments.

Jeff

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com