Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-10 08:16:47

On Tue, 10 May 2005 10:50:40 +0200, Stefan Slapeta wrote
> Any help is welcome! (and it's never bad to have more results.) It's
> just not completely clear if we should test release builds at all at
> the moment, as there are many tests that generally fail for release
> builds.) This is one of many points to discuss/resolve in our
> testing procedure...

Hmm, I think those failures should be of great concern to library authors.
The way I understood the 'release mode test issue' was that the tests of some
libraries wouldn't test much in release mode because asserts and other test
infratructure would compile out without debug on. My view is that I want to
know if my library is going to misbehave in release mode b/c I deliver
products compiled in release mode -- not debug. So I consider it best
practice to develop and execute tests in release mode.

Jeff

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com