Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-12 01:13:25

Rene Rivera writes:
> I made this change to the failures markup:
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/status/explicit-failures-markup.xml?r1=1.208&r2=1.209
> http://tinyurl.com/dhnsn
>
> Which worked for a while.. But now it's getting ignored.

Everything was ignored for a few hours due to this erroneous checkin:

RCS file: /cvsroot/boost/boost/status/explicit-failures-markup.xml,v
retrieving revision 1.212
retrieving revision 1.213
diff -r1.212 -r1.213
741a742,757

> <mark-expected-failures>
> <test name="hash_float_test"/>
> <toolset name="gcc-3_4_3-sunos"/>
> <note author="Daniel James">
> On this compiler the hash function is returning the same value
> This suggests the hash function isn't taking into account the
> full range of <code>long double</code> - it might be
> converting it to a <code>double</code>. This won't cause
> anything to break, but means that the hash function isn't
> as good as it should be for <code>long double</code>s.
> </note>
> </mark-expected-failures>

XML is fragile format, at least when humans edit it manually, so
everybody please follow the instructions at the top of the file and
verify your changes, no matter how trivial, before committing them.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com