Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-18 20:43:05

At 04:22 2005-05-18, you wrote:
>>Well, if you follow the failures' links, you will see this:
>>
>> Notes
>>
>> This failure was present in the reference ("last-known-good") release.
>>
>>IOW, these failures are gray (not yellow or red) because they are _not_
>>regressions from 1.32.
>
>Did we test VC8 with 1.32?

I've been running VC8 tests for some time (yes, pre 1.32)
I will note that I think the "expected failure" things is a bad idea
it gives people OTHER than the developers the incorrect idea that the
compilers can actually use the boost library in question
it gives the compiler writers an "out" because they see only green for
their compiler.
IOW, it's like casting (which is a lie to the compiler), it's a lie to the
viewers of the page.