Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-24 16:15:47

Doug Gregor wrote:
> On May 24, 2005, at 3:13 PM, Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
>
>> Rene Rivera wrote:

>>> Ideally those tests and features would be disabled if the libraries
>>> are not available.
>>
>> As far as I know there's no standard location for either zlib source
>> or binary on Windows, so I don't see how to do this unless I disable the
>> compression filters by default on Windows.
>
> That might be a good alternative. Let the presence of ZLIB_SOURCE
> and/or BZIP2_SOURCE on Windows indicate that the tests should be run;
> otherwise, skip 'em.

Good idea. Rene suggested the same thing.

> Having regression testers tweak their
> configurations is dangerous business: As Rene points out, users might
> be rather confused when all of the regression tests run but they can't
> build the library for themselves.

Makes sense, but I'd like to know that the Windows tests work somewhere outside
my house. ;-) Maybe it would be enough for just one of the Windows testers to
install zlib and libbz2 (preferably metacomm, since the others seem to be
running on two or fewer toolsets).

In the mean time, I'll update the Jamfiles.

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com