Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-25 03:29:52

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
>I don't see any change, and I don't understand this "manifest" stuff
>either.
>
>it almost looks like the test framework is attempting to invoke the
>........manifest file directly

The VC8 compiler generates a .manifest file by default. This is an XML file
that locates the correct version of a DLL on Windows XP. The XP theming
support is done by comctl32.dll version 6 that can only be identified
through a manifest. VC8 adds manifest support for the Debug/Release versions
of the standard library, ATL and MFC DLLs.

I can only assume that there is a conflict somewhere when generating these
manifest files.

Reece Haston Dunn
Software Engineer, Sophos

Web: www.sophos.com
Sophos - protecting businesses against viruses and spam

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com