Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-25 10:19:57

"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> writes:

> At 13:18 2005-05-23, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>>
>>Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> [deleted]
>> > errors _I_ seem to be getting look like:
>> > C:\Projects\results\bin\boost\libs\wave\test\build\testwave.te
>> > st\vc-8_0\debug\runtime-link-static\testwave.exe.manifest:general
>> > error c1010070:Failed to load and parse the manifest. The
>> > system cannot find the file specified.
>>
>>Yeah, I've seen this as well, but since I don't care having manifests and
>>Wave shouold run without those I haven't payed any attention to this.
>>
>> > Since Dave recently changed something regarding manifest
>> > files and I now see many errors like this, I just deleted my
>> > entire results\bin directory before staring my last
>> > regression run (started about 45 minutes ago). I suspect
>> > this will trigger a _massive_ rebuild of many things so it
>> > may take a while for the results to show up.
>>
>>Ok, let's see what happens.
>>
>>Regards Hartmut
>
> I don't see any change, and I don't understand this "manifest" stuff either.

Me neither, but Microsoft assures me that it's neccessary to do it
when I build DLLs. I have no idea why it should be failing. The
command I was given by Microsoft supposedly extracts the manifest from
the DLL and then processes it somehow.

> it almost looks like the test framework is attempting to invoke
> the ........manifest file directly

Hum, yeah it does. Is this Boost.Build v1 or v2?
Are you running the build under the NT command prompt or under cygwin?
Can you show the command that triggers the error above? It should
follow the error in your bjam output.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting