Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-02 11:31:51

On 6/2/05, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> From a practical viewpoint, I guess the question is are
> there any platforms that accept negative times? It's not as illogical as it
> might appear if they do - it's the only way to represent dates before 1970 I
> believe.

Yes. Linux for example is more than happy to report that the
localtime equivalent of numeric_limits<time_t>::min() is 1901-12-13
15:45:52 EST. Solaris reports that it is -2147483648=1901-12-13
16:45:52 EWT (Eastern War Time?)

I would contend that the behavior of the MSVC runtime is a bug. Worst
case It should definitely not assert and best case it should behave
like POSIX systems do (e.g. treat it as a date before the Epoch).

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com