Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Stephen W. Carson (StephenC_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-06 10:09:56

Rene Rivera wrote:

> Jeff Garland wrote:
>
>> So...we really need to standardize toolset naming for regression
>> testers.
>

> It is standardized as: [toolset]-[version]-[platform]-[cpu]-[build]

    First time I've seen that. I think my toolsets are named fine
because I did what I was told to do.

> As far as the release and Beman's gcc tests. Don't worry about it,
> i.e. don't do anything about it. Only toolsets marked as required for
> release are important right now. And *only* toolsets that are properly
> versioned are marked for release.

    Which toolsets are marked as required for release? How do I know?

    You wrote (in a different message) that all a toolset requires is a
commitment from one person to support the platform. Does that mean
running the regressions faithfully as I've been doing for gcc and cw on
the Mac? Or more than that?

--
Stephen W. Carson, Software Engineer
DirXion Software in St. Louis, MO