Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-08 17:40:02

Boost.Serialization has stopped building for vc-7_0
in metacomm tests since about a cycle or so.
I think the problem is that metacomm has begun using
vc-7_0-tools.jam instead of vc7-tools.jam, according to
the new toolset naming conventions, and
libs/serialization/build/serialization.jam has some
toolset-specific provisions for selecting Spirit 1.6
which do not take the new names into account:

    local requires-spirit = false ;
    switch $(toolset) {
    case "borland*" :
        requires-spirit = true ;
    case "msvc*" :
        requires-spirit = true ;
    case "iw*" :
        requires-spirit = true ;
    case "vc7" :
        requires-spirit = true ;
    case "vc7-stlport" :
        requires-spirit = true ;
    case "gcc-2*" :
        requires-spirit = true ;
    }

AFAICS it only takes to add an additional case
"vc-7_0*" to fix the problem. For completeness sake,
another "vc-6_5*" won't hurt either.
If nobody does it in ~8 hours I'll commit the changes
myself tomorrow.

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo