Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-13 07:53:12

On Jun 13, 2005, at 7:01 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> "Douglas Gregor" <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>
>> On Jun 12, 2005, at 4:28 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>>

>>> "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>>> I've just copied gcc-tools to gcc-3-3-3-cygwin-tools and changed the
>>> batch
>>> file that runs the tests accordingly.
>>
>> gcc-3_3_3-cygwin would be slightly preferred, because it matches our
>> naming conventions.
>
> OK, I'll change it. But...
>
> Regardless of the name, copying and renaming locally didn't work.

My gcc-3_3-darwin toolset looks like this:

{
   extends-toolset darwin ;
   PYTHON_VERSION = 2.3 ;
}

Is that roughly what you're doing?

> The
> regression.py script deleted the file when it unzipped the fresh Boost
> tree.

You can put the toolset file in the same place where regression.py
resides, outside of the Boost tree, then regression.py will do the
right thing.

> Also, depending on the exact toolset name is error prone and requires
> manual
> intervention every new compiler version. Too easy for a compiler to be
> upgraded, but the tool name not updated.

Yes, you're right.

> compiler_status used to get the compiler version from the config
> information. That was automatic and reliable. Any idea why it was
> changed?

I don't, but I'm sure someone else knows.

        Doug

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com