Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-14 17:56:25

Beman Dawes writes:
> I'm having trouble getting a toolset located in the testing root
> directory to work. This is the directory that contains
> regression.py, and the toolset works fine if moved to the
> boost-root/tools/build/v1 directory.
>
> What is the general procedure to debug testing problems?

The first step would be to redirect 'regression.py' output to a file
and send it here.

> I'd like to run bjam only,

Given you have the Boost sources downloaded and unpacked and a
[pre-]built bjam executable present in one of the default locations,
you can command 'regression.py' to do just that by prepending your
usual command line with "test" command, e.g.:

    python regression.py test --runner=Beman --toolsets=cw-9_4,intel-win32-8_1
                         ^^^^

> and only on one simple test. Say config_info.

Unless it's possible to specify this through bjam command line, I'm
afraid this part is not that simple to achieve. Of course, what you
can always do is to temporary comment out everything but config tests
from "status/Jamfile".

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering