Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-15 07:08:27

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
> Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
>

>>At 00:41 2005-06-15, Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>

>>>Testers don't usually have CVS write access, I believe. But I don't know
>>>for sure, I have to admit. And I'm not sure we should require more than the
>>>ressources they are donnating from the testers.
>

>>I'm the only person on the boost project labelled "tester" at sourceforge
>>I have CVS write access
>

> Never looked at that list before. But we surely do have more than one
> tester, do we?

Many of the testers also maintain libraries or at least help in
maintaining them. Hence, they are labelled "developer".

Frankly, the labels are quite useless, anyway. Neither the account
owners nor the admins seem to care much about labels. The roles people
take change over the time, anyway, and quite often people contribute in
more than one role at a time. AFAICS, there are no privileges related to
specific labels (except for the project admins, of course).

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com