Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-15 21:54:28

At 14:54 2005-06-15, you wrote:
>"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> writes:

> >>Testers don't usually have CVS write access, I believe. But I don't know
> >>for sure, I have to admit. And I'm not sure we should require more than the
> >>ressources they are donnating from the testers.
> >
> > I'm the only person on the boost project labelled "tester" at sourceforge
> > I have CVS write access
>
>Speaking of which, how are we going to resolve that change you made
>recently to the msvc toolset that enables asynchronous EH everywhere?

I'm open to suggestions.
upside:
errors_handling_test now "passes" for vc-8_0
downside:
incerease in size and running time (presumably)

since I've always felt it's the programmer's job to "make it right, THEN
make it small/fast/whatever" altering the exception handling model in the
compiler seemed the only choice..... afterall, IMO, divide by 0 _should_
be catchable in a C++ program (perhaps an extension to the core language is
in order?).
so, what to do? I suppose finding a solution in the test-framework,
build-system, or the bjam files would be preferable, but bbv1 is hopefully
going away, I'll learn bb when v2 is "official".

I haven't heard any screams coming from the testing community since I've
made the change to the toolset and since it fixed a problem that nobody
seemed to want to look at ...... <shrug>

someone else's call..... I'm only a "tester"