Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-22 08:38:06

For Apple/Mac OS X tests, BGDX and Dirxion are failing all tests involving
dynamic linking. Yet these same tests are passing for dmcgrath and OSL.

To pin this down, I ran one of the failing tests
(program_options/cmdline_test_dll) directly from the command line with bjam,
and the test passed!

The difference turned out to be that if bjam is not given any "-sTOOLS"
argument, the test passes. But with the "-sTOOLS=gcc-3_3-apple" argument
actually used in real tests, the tests fail.

gcc-3_3-apple-tools.jam looks like this:

{
   extends-toolset gcc ;
}

I changed that to "extends-toolset darwin ;"

The failing test is now passing! I'll start a full regression test in a few
minutes.

Could Dirxion have a similar problem?

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com