Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-04 02:41:03

Robert Ramey wrote:

> Is there a chance that one of the testers of TRU64 compilers could find a
> little time to investigate the faiilures for the serialization tests?
>
> All the failures occur at runtime with a memory exception - I presume this
> is an invalid or null pointer somewhere. It might be helpful for me to know
> on which source line(s) this exception occurs.
>
> These failures closely mirror the remaining failures with CW so I'm hoping
> that finding this might have a beneficial effect on other compilers.
>
> In some compilers, it seems that some static variables are not
> instanticiated as one would expect perhaps due to over-zealous optimization
> by removing static variables not explicitly refferred to by name. These
> static variables are used by extended type info and void_cast.
>
> Any additional information would be much appreciated.

Robert, I'm currently in the process of setting up the boost regression
tests on a HP TestDrive machine. This has been made possible with kind
permission from HP. This will give _much_ better turnaround times for the
regression runs. Once this is done, I intend to change to template
instantiation model of the compiler back to the default, so that static
variables should no longer be a problem. Then we will see, what happens to
the error in the serialization library.

Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com