Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-15 08:08:12

"Stephen W. Carson" <StephenC_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>
>>Most likely you've happen to come across the issue of tarball
>>publishing being a non-atomic operation
>>(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.testing/1123). We'll
>>move this up in our TODO list, but meanwhile, please just give it
>>another try.
>>

> Please do. I can't tell you how many test runs have failed because
> of this. I usually kick tests off at night and either forget to or don't
> have time to watch and see if the tarball problem is hit. Then I check
> in the morning and the whole night has been wasted! Very frustrating.

Seconded! This may explain some unexpected failures in the tests I run, too.

I'm in process of gearing up to run more tests, more often. But these will
be on machines that don't get looked at very often, so there is a big
advantage if the tests work right every time and without human intervention.

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com