Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Carl Daniel (cpdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-16 13:31:45

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> Carl Daniel writes:
>> I now have access to weekly builds of VC8 (currently testing the
>> 7/11/2005 build!). At the moment, it's not feasible to do boost
>> regression testing on those builds (it's a machine at MSFT), but I
>> could look into getting it set up.
>
> I think you are in a unique position w.r.t. weekly VC 8.0 builds, and
> IMO it would be a great service to both us and the VC8 team to test
> against those in addition to CTP/Beta 2.

It looks like this might be possible - stay tuned. It'll be mid next week
at best before I can do the first run (assuming things get set up). I won't
be able to do them very often - perhaps only once/week because it won't be
possible to fully automate the process (the machine cannot make outgoing
connections to the internet, so I'll have to push tarballs to it, run the
tests, and then pull the results back.

Does anyone have a set of instructions for building and running the
regression tests WITHOUT using Python? Right now, that's the sticking
point - Python's not installed, and I'm unable to install it. If I could
put together a ZIP file with all the command line tools pre-built and a
simple BATch file to run them, that'd be a workable solution.

-cd

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com