Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-29 20:21:20

"Voronkov Konstantin" <beowinkle_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> I'm going to perform regression tests in our company
> using Boost Regression Tests framework. I have few
> questions about customization of HTML reports.
>

> 1. There is table which contains records for each test.
> The table contains Library column which sometimes is
> filled and sometimes is not. What is affected the fill
> of the column?
> Also there is column Test Type which sometimes is empty
> and sometimes is "unknown". Why test type can be unknown
> or empty? I expect test type contain one of "run, run-fail,
> link, link-fail, and compile, compile-fail values.
> How can I fix that the column is always filled?
>

> 2. Each row in table with tests has next view:
> </a>
> <a
> href="http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/boost/boost/?view=markup&rev=HEAD">
> autoRegTestsSample
> </a>
> </a>
>
> Can how to customize the links to cvs.sourcefourge.net to point
> somewhere to our place? Is is possible that Boost Regression
> Tests automatically fills the target with content? Is there
> any documentation at this point?
>

> 3. There are few built-in links. E.g. for msvc toolset
> it proposes to re-direct to msdn.microsoft.com site,
> the tests explanations are located at address:
> compiler_status.html#test-type, the picture is
> located in ../boost.png.
> Can those links be customized?

Basically, compiler_status was designed for Boost use, and no thought was
given to customization for other organizations.

If you wanted to tackle a redesign, I'm sure other Boosters would appreciate
it.

One approach would be to read in a parameter file (XML format?) which
provided strings for all the customization points.

HTH,

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com