Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-22 07:25:06

Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams writes:
>> Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> make a wrapper toolset file which includes the version and
>>> platform information in its name and place it in the same directory
>>> with "regression.py".
>>
>> This technique isn't working for me. Neither is
>> "--bjam-options=-sBOOST_BUILD_PATH=/path/to/my/toolset/file".
>>
>> In both cases bjam reports that the toolset isn't found.
>
> Does it work for you if you copy the bjam command line from the
> 'regression.py' log and execute it on its own (from the script's
> directory)?

Kinda hard to do that since IIRC the image of boost gets cleaned up
for me after the build fails. If I get a moment I'll look again.

> If not, either the command line is wrong, or something in
> bjam is broken. In either case, you are more qualified to say which
> one it is ;).
>
>> So now I'm
>> wondering how to use my own toolset.
>>
>> Aside: I found it surprising that regression.py downloads the tarball
>> into the directory where the script is, rather than into the current
>> directory when it was invoked. At least, that's what it says it's
>> doing ;-)
>
> Yep, that's what it's doing. Why did you find it surprising? After
> all, the first line of the installation docs says:
>
> * Download regression driver regression.py from here
> (http://tinyurl.com/4fp4g) and put it in the directory where you
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> want all the regression test files to be placed.

It's just a slightly surprising design decision from my POV because I
always have an image of Boost lying around. The "obvious" interface
would have be doing cd $(TEMP) followed by python
$(BOOST_ROOT)/status/xsl_reports/runner/regression.py

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com