Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Liam Routt (caligari_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-23 23:33:33

Hi,

I'm new to the testing fold. We have a Mac G5 here running Gentoo Linux
with a ppc64 kernel and userspace. We had some trouble with Boost 1.33
which was easily picked up by running some of the tests, so I figure
that it might help if I ran them regularly on the system, as this
combination of architecture and OS doesn't seem to be represented at the
moment.

So, I've downloaded regression.py (from http://tinyurl.com/4fp4g) and
set up a cron job to run it.

It ran last night (I'm in Australia, for reference) and seems to have
got through all of the tests (with some failures that might be of use to
the Boost team, I hope), but it failed while processing the results.

The last part of the cron output which was mailed to me:

==============
# Getting test case results out of
"/home/caligari/BoostTest/results/bjam.log"...
boost_root: /data/home/caligari/BoostTest/boost/status/..
locate_root: /home/caligari/BoostTest/results

**** exception(225): signal: memory access violation
******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/caligari/BoostTest/regression.py", line 882, in ?
    commands[ command ]( **accept_args( args ) )
  File "/home/caligari/BoostTest/regression.py", line 707, in regression
    test( toolsets, bjam_options, monitored, timeout, [] )
  File "/home/caligari/BoostTest/regression.py", line 543, in test
    run_process_jam_log()
  File "/home/caligari/BoostTest/regression.py", line 492, in
run_process_jam_log
    utils.checked_system( [
  File
"/home/caligari/BoostTest/boost/tools/regression/xsl_reports/utils/checked_syste
m.py", line 21, in checked_system
    raise Exception( 'Command sequence "%s" failed with return code %d' % (
commands, rc ) )
Exception: Command sequence
"['"/home/caligari/BoostTest/boost/bin/boost/tools/regression/build/process_jam_
log/gcc/release/process_jam_log" "/home/caligari/BoostTest/results"
<"/home/caligari/BoostTest/results/bjam.log"']" failed with return code
51200
==============

I've looked at the bjam.log file, just to confirm that it seemed to be
sane, and while I don't know precisely what to expect it seemed to be
complete.

At this point I don't know what other information it would be helpful to
provide. I have the run results (bjam.log), as well as the cron output.

Any advice welcome.

(Forgive me if I seem not to respond for a few days - I'm not back in
the office until Monday.)

Take care,

Liam

--
Liam Routt                                          Ph: (03) 8344-1315
Research Programmer                               caligari_at_[hidden]

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com