Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-24 16:30:34

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
> The log message for mingw-tools.jam revision 1.15, when -mno-cygwin was added,
> says:
>
> Fix linking of Boost.Python when using MinGW. It seems
> that linking using the import lib is now incompatible
> with the MinGW linker. Instead we have to now link
> against the python DLL directly.
>
> I understand the statement of the problem, but not the solution. Does anyone
> know what -mno-cygwin does when building with MinGW?

Truthfully I don't really remember. But my suspicion is that the
GCC_NO_EXPORT_ALL change is the important one for the comment. My
current guess would be that I added the -mno-cygwin so that Dave, and
others, could compile MinGW programs with cygwin by only needing to use
the mingw toolset. I don't think it has any effect other than to cygwin.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com